April 2, 2005
Once we get the operating principles firmed up we can have MIALMA post them under a new thread. I have revised them some, please provide comments.
1) The second Saturday of every month we will do a group ride. (this prevents having conflicts with Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day). First ride April 9th.
2) In the event of rain the ride moves to Sunday.
3) We have the same meeting place for each ride. The President (MIALMA) will establish the meeting point as I believe he may have the best overview of everyone's geographic origin.
4) We meet at 8:30am. (some of us have to travel a long way to get to the meeting point, or can everyone agree to an earlier time?)
5) Kickstands up at 9:00am.
6) Each ride will have a captain responsible for choosing the destination, planning the route, and leading the ride. This is a voluntary position.
7) We'll plan one party for late August. By then we will have forged some friendships and it could make for a fun day/evening.
Proposed trip destiniations:
Lynchburg, Gettysburg, Skyline Drive, Charlottesville, Williamsburg, Shepherdstown, WV, what else???
OK folks, jump in. I'm just not that creative. Or am I taking this too seriously? Let me know.