April 17, 2006I can't begin to tell you how sick of this oil BS I am! Lots of new people want answers about oil. They should go back into the achives & find some older posts. Get educated, lots of great information back when....... Now, every time an oil thread is started several guys state what works for them, that's great. Other people disagree, thats fine too. Several guys try & sell thier product, I don't come here to be sold stuff, but maybe some do? Now we have several goofs that have to start flinging crap at everyone until somebody calls them on it, then the fight begins. I have to tell you it has become realy old & irritating. It seams that the big dogs have to prove they have the loudest bark, what ever! This place is sliding, and fast. Some folks come in poke around & try & start trouble. They should be removed. The moderators take it in the neck from several members about acting in the interest of a "moderated" forum. I support the moderators & suggest they become more proactive in thread & member management!
April 17, 2006Then why start one? You are just inviting more of what you are recommending against....
April 18, 2006I agree with Luxe. I'm sick of seeing crap about 1% support, bogus threads, and people slamming others. It's about BIKES.
April 18, 2006Take a chill Pill
1. Lots of new folks that want to know what to feed there bike.
2. This is a free forum and who wants to babysit? Are you offering to do the job for free......?
3. It is usually pretty obvious that it is a oil post. Don't click on it !!!!!
4. Can't believe how many folks bring a stupid post back to the top because the don't have the self control to leave it alone. I am guilty for responding to this right now.
5. GO RIDE ! It might just put a smile back on your face.
6. Why are you still here? Go Ride
8. For people that sell, it is usually about location, price and availability. There is no such thing as the best.
9. Funny how so many folks want only the best for there bikes and talk and care for them. How many will have a bike or ride a bike long enough to wear one out..............?
10. Its fun to spend time here and talk at folks. Even if much of it is the same old thing. Demanding that people only talk about your favorite subject and at your level of knowledge might be interesting to you but pretty borring for the rest. Like Doctor Phil say's: IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!
11. It really isn't about oil, or tires, or wax, or whatever. Its about a place to talk to folks with a common interest thats free and fun.
I'm off my soap box for now. I feeling whinnnny and pissed because I'm waiting for the Brown truck to show up with my pipes and the weather could be better but I will check it again in 15 minutes.
12. I really don't care what you post or say. I love this place
April 18, 2006I don't mind people (such as myself in the past) asking about things that have already been discussed...things change, new products are made, and updates to existing products too...so no big deal there. I'd rather have new postings then no postings at all!
April 18, 2006Please don't misunderstand what I said. When ever an oil thread is started, trouble starts & spreads like cancer though the other threads. I real don't mind sharing my experiences with oil or WHY. But the childish name calling & member bashing that follows runes the moral & level of maturity & respect I would hope could exist. I guess it's my problem, I started caring. Forget about it! I signed on to Harley Shop Talk to se what happens there. Wow, the name calling & bashing of thier own members & the Zone is even worse than here. WTF! I guess I'll have to chill & avoid the threads that angry up the blood!
BTW EZ, I love this place too....
April 18, 2006Luxe, I try to stay away from the posts that I know are going to cause trouble (though I do lurk to see what's going on). People get too worked up over the little . If someone wants to run Miller Lite in the transmission, let 'em go for it. I know what I am using and the opinion of someone else probably won't change my mind. I just feel bad for the new owners/riders honestly looking for some help and guidance and get no help at all. If some of these guys would admit it, they were new to the riding scene at one time, too. But they try to make the impression they were born bikers.
EZGZ, I was right with you all they way until you brought up Dr. Phil. LOL
April 18, 2006yeah, LOL Dr. Phil sucks a big one but I was trying to round it out as dirty dozen.
Hey Lux, your alright.......
Hey, the Brown truck just pulled up!! Whooooo Hooooo my pipes are here. Yabadaba Doooooooooooooooo
April 28, 2006Chill Luxe!