May 22, 2010answer to my problem
The (lollipop) on my new Mustang bike seat has a chrome set screw that allows forward/backward tilt to the seat back. The set screw knob is knurled and it`s chromed. The damn thing was turning too easily and I thought it would (not) hold a "set" position because it would vibrate and change positions.....so I was thinkin`...........So, I put a couple of drops of "lock-tite" on it. The tube was blue and said "penetrating" on it.
You already know what I`m gonna say next........Yup, Now I can`t adjust the damn knob. It is "locked tight"...........That stuff works better by far than I wanted it to. My idea was for it to be a (little) harder to turn........Not frozen tite.
I DO NOT want to mar up the knurled chrome with vice grips or pliers....I tried paint thinner via a Q-tip to the threads.....No results. I`m out of laquer thinner.......it that will work, I`ll go get some.
Any other ideas as to how to dissolve the locktite stuff on the threads
P.S. The Mustang folks call the (seatback insert) a "lollipop"